RMS AutoDownloader Application
The RMS AutoDownloader application lets you schedule automatic
downloads of sound files from RMS Player sites and forwards them to
designated FTP sites in either SIT or ZIP or TGZ format. It is
intended as a tool for automatically fetching and forwarding sounds
to remote monitors so that they can rate those sounds using RMS
CPU: Any PowerPC Macintosh or PowerBook
Memory Usage: 8.0MB
Disk Usage: 5.0MB
Network: full-time internet connection required
OS: System 9.1 or later, with CarbonLib 1.6 or later; or OS X 10.2 or later (10.4 or later to use .tgz)
- RMS AutoDownloader application (v4.5.1)
- StuffIt Engine (v6.5.1)
- AutoDownloaderSked.txt (sample file)
- Copy the application file "RMS AutoDownloader " to a folder on
the Mac's hard disk.
- Copy the "AutoDownloaderSked.txt" file to the same folder that
contains the RMS AutoDownloader application.
- Install the StuffIt Engine
- OS 9: Place the StuffIt Engine file into the Extensions
folder inside the System Folder.
- OS X: Place the StuffIt Engine file into the folder
IMPORTANT: If there is already an item
"StuffIt Engine.cfm", remove it from the Application Support
- Note: AutoDownloader requires that the target Player CGI
version be 2.7 or later (3.4 or later if using .tgz). And RMS Web
version 4.5 (6-30-2008) or later.
Before you can use the RMS AutoDownloader application, you must
first create an AutoDownloaderSked.txt file which specifies your
downloading schedule. See Reference
B: Data File Formats for information on how to create a schedule